1. Start by preparing all the fresh components (chopped fruit, veggies, greens and herbs) and set them aside.
2. Next, prepare the peanut sauce. Add all the peanut sauce ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and mix well. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a little more water until it reaches a creamy texture. Set aside.
3. For the vermicelli noodles, add them to a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let them sit in the water for 3 minutes and then drain. Add a dash of soy sauce and sesame oil, then set aside. (Follow the directions for whatever noodles you are using. Just try not to over soak them, otherwise they will get mushy.)
4. Next, heat a non-stick pan and add a little oil. Add the eggplant, toss it in the oil, and then cover for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, toss the eggplant and then cover for another 3 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and zucchini, toss everything together, and cover for about 5 minutes. Then toss again and let it sauté for another 5 minutes or until the veggies are fully cooked. Once the veggies are cooked, turn off the heat.
5. For the juicy marbled meat, heat a small non-stick pan and add a dash of oil. When the oil is hot, add the meat and a pinch of salt. Sear the pieces for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until each side of the meat is nicely browned. When the meat is fully cooked, add it to the sautéed veggies and mix in the hoisin sauce.
Assembling the rolls:
1. To assemble the summer burritos, prepare a clean surface for rolling and arrange all your components so they’re close to you. Take 1 rice paper wrap, run it under a gentle stream of warm water until it’s completely wet and place it on your surface.
2. The wrap will immediately begin to soften, so you want to quickly add a small handful of fresh greens, followed by some vermicelli noodles, the sautéed veggies and meat, fresh veggies/fruit, and fresh herbs. You can also add peanut sauce into the burrito if you want!
3. To roll the burrito, take one side of the rice paper and roll the wrap while making sure to keep the ingredients tucked in tightly as you roll. Repeat for each roll.
4. Serve the summer burritos with a side of the peanut sauce, and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top. Enjoy, and don’t forget to thank me later!