FOR THE PATTY FILLING
1. Heat a large non-stick pan to medium heat. First add the turmeric, garam masala, smoked paprika, cayenne, and cumin powder and toast for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
2. Next, add some oil. When the oil is hot add the onion, carrots, ginger, and salt. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the chopped onion becomes translucent. Next mix in the leeks, fresh garlic, garlic powder & onion powder.
3. Next add the pulled-apart juicy marbles pieces, tomato paste, soy sauce, and a tad more oil if needed. Mix everything. Allow the filling to sauté for 3-4 minutes, then mix it up and sauté for another 3 minutes, then mix it again. Continue doing this until the Juicy Marble's pieces are all slightly crisp and everything is cooked nicely. You can taste the filling to make sure it’s cooked through. Add salt and pepper as needed.
ASSEMBLING THE PATTIES
1. Preheat to 190°C/ 400°F. Prepare a tray with parchment paper. Roll out your dough pretty thin, but not so thin that it going to tare when you close the patty. Use a bowl or small plate to make circles out of the dough. Use a knife to cut the circles out. The size of your circles is flexible, it just depends on how big you want to make your patties.
2. Fill each circle with a generous amount of filling and then fold it in half and close the patty. Move each one onto the oven tray as you make them.
4. If you want a shinier, crispier patty, brush a light layer of oil over each patty before putting them in the oven.
5. Bake patties for 15-25 minutes (If you make small patties they’ll need closer to 15-20 mins if you make big ones they’ll need 20-25 mins). Take them out of the oven when they start to get toasty brown.
Serve with some herby yogurt and your favorite hot sauwce!! Woop woop!