For the batter:
1. Combine all dry batter ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Then, add water and mix well. Set aside.
For the sautéed veggies:
1. Heat a non-stick pan. Add the spices to the pan and allow them to toast until fragrant.
2. Next, add a dash of oil to the pan and the eggplant. Toss the eggplant in oil, add a dash of salt, and then cover. After about 3 minutes, toss the eggplant again, then cover for another 3 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, and leeks to the pan, along with another dash of salt. Toss the veggies, then cover and cook for another 2 minutes. Afterward, toss the veggies again, remove the cover, and sauté them for another few minutes until they’re completely cooked.
4. When the veggies are done sautéing, add them to the batter.
Making the veggie pancakes:
1. Next, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a dash of oil. When the oil is hot, scoop approximately 1/4-1/2 cup of pancake batter onto the pan and spread it out evenly. Cook the pancake on medium heat for around 3 minutes on each side, until each side is beautifully browned.
Make as many pancakes as you want with your batter. You can make big ones or small ones, depending on your preference.
For the mint chutney:
1. Add mint leaves, garlic, ginger, cumin and 1 tbsp of yogurt to a food processor or small blender. Blend everything until the mix is as smooth as possible. If the mix is having trouble blending, add a dash of water. (Be careful not to over-blend the mix. If mint is over-blended it becomes bitter.)
2. In a small bowl add the rest of the yogurt, lemon juice and add the blended mint mix to the rest of the yogurt. Add some more salt and a dash of pepper, if you wish.
Fruit Chutney Recipe:
1. Combine all ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for approximately 35 minutes, or until the cooked fruit has a jam-like consistency. This chutney is delicious wether served hot or cold.